Monday, June 30, 2008

MEOW SUICIDE pencil study

meow.pencil.study.jpg

I'm teaming up with 2 other artists to produce licensed art prints of a few Suicide Girls, for Comic Con. They're sharing the booth (#433) with us this year so I figured, fuck it, let's do some art prints. The model I chose to illustrate is MEOW.

READ more about it here.

This is just a warm up. I'm trying to get familiar with Meow's features so I can get her likeness for the art print.

I pieced this together from 2 photos of her. I chose to go with a simple pose for starters. I just wasn't digging that her hair was pulled back. So I looked at a different photo of her for the hair.

This was all done with an HB pencil and a kneaded eraser. On Rives BFK paper (damn you James Jean). I haven't tried this in 15 years. It turned out better than I expected. Not sure if I'm going to use this approach for the art print. Might not be ready for it yet.


©BRIANEWING.com





1 comment:

SUTFIN said...

Brian, this is a super pencil drawing!